ROLL OVER ROVER


Powered by Rollyo

Monday, November 26, 2007

TECHNOLOGY


I missed task 7 when doing week 3 so here it is, my thoughts about technology.

I can remember when........ In the bank when I was a youngster they used to send withdrawal forms to be verified via a tube which I think ran along a wire across the ceiling, we also had some sort of suction tubes, which canisters came through. I can remember being very bored waiting for these canisters, opening the lid and playing tunes with the suction. To learn to type we used to key to marching tunes, when I say key I mean "bang", as each key had to be hit very firmly.

I can remember being faced with my first electronic typewriter, I had just commenced a new job and the typewriter kept typing when I wasn't touching it. I went home each night with a handbag of wasted paper as I tried to get a handle on it.

Now I'm into computers, love playing on Ebay and have discovered Utube. What a long way we have come. The net is a wonderful thing and with 'Learning 2' I have discovered so much more technology, so many wonderful sites to explore.

No comments: